Christmas will be here too soon for me. It seems like I cannot get everything I want to do - done- with my family. I am going to try and cut out a few things and start some new traditions this year. Do you know what you are going to do this year? Do you have traditions that you follow every year?
There are wonderful online sources for December holiday activities. Here are a few with ideas to help you get started. They’re great for homeschoolers,school teachers, and families looking to create some memories.
One we are doing in our family this year : 2010 Activity Advent Calendar (Printable) from Mom Cents Online Magazine We are also going to discuss the religious aspect of the Advent over dinner using the resource from Amazing Moms!
25 Holiday Activities Until Christmas:
- Have holiday movie night with popcorn.
- Walk or drive around to look at Christmas lights.
- Buy new Christmas pajamas.
- Make edible ornaments for birds.
- Open a present on Christmas Eve.
- Read about holiday traditions around the world.
- Bake Christmas cookies.
- Make scented ornaments.
- Go caroling.
- Participate in a charity drive (food/toy drive).
- Write letters to Santa.
- : Make popcorn balls or Rice Krispies treats with little pieces of candy cane in them.
- Sit outside and drink hot cocoa.
- Take the kids shopping and let them pick out gifts for everyone in the family.
- Have your kids donate gently used toys they no longer play with.
- Make graham cracker gingerbread houses.
- Decorate the Christmas tree.
- Visit Santa Claus at the mall.
- Sing and dance to holiday music.
- Read a bunch of holiday books.
- Attend a tree lighting ceremony in your area.
- Make homemade gifts for the family.
- Make paper chains to count the days — just take green and red construction paper and cut into strips pull ends together and glue. Build your chain to Christmas (add a link each day) or start with 25 links and tear one off each day!
- Make Christmas trees out of construction paper. Use glue, construction paper, glitter, paint, dried beans, or buttons (whatever you have on hand) to make ornaments and decorations for the tree.
- Get a plain stocking and decorate it with a symbol of something that happened this year.
* Christmas image source : http://www.raftertales.com/decorate/seasonal/christmas-crafts-for-kids/