Monday, May 17, 2010

Good Morning Ladies!

Galatians 5:22,23a “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”  I have been feeling like I should study the "fruits of the Spirit" and truly understand what each one is and seek to have them apply to my own life.  I pray that God will help me to grow good fruit - I want to be a good tree! 
 
Matthew 7:17-20 (New International Version)
17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. 


I know for me, personally, I need to work on patience, but I am going to start with LOVE.  (Doesn't everything boil down to "love" anyway?)  The Bible says that  if we are in God, then we live in love. 

1 John 4:16 (NIV)"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." 

This hit me pretty hard!  Seriously?  If I don't "live in love" than God doesn't live in me? 

How do we "live in love"?  

Here is what I found - Start with loving God with ALL our heart, soul and mind. Even as I type this I wonder how this can be done!  You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important:
Love your neighbor as yourself. 
The entire law and all the demands of the prophets
are based on these two commandments.

-Matthew 22: 36-40  

 This sounds like a pretty passionate love! When I stop to think about it, do I REALLY love God with all of these areas?  Do I love others as much as I love myself?

My prayer for today is to have God show me how to love Him with all my heart,soul and mind.  Do I need to change something in my routine or remove something that is keeping me from loving God with my entire being?  Lord, show me your love and help me to show others love in all my actions and words!



Chat with me in the comment section: 
How do you "live in love"?

2 comments:

What a beautiful post! It left me with a lot to pray about.

Thank you. Me too. Been praying a lot today about this. Thanks for your dropping by :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites