Monday, May 24, 2010

Good Morning Girls!

I have still be meditating on "love".

Col 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  14  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

While I am thinking about this scripture and trying to get husband and kids out the door - I am immediately given to impatience.  I snap at the kids then feel horrible and guilty.  Isnt it great that God knows we are human?!  I decided not to let the enemy beat me up over this.  I asked the kids to forgive me, asked God to forgive me and them went to "PUT ON LOVE".  The passage says to "clothe" our self with  "
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience" and to "put on love" which bind all the virtues together.  This is a conscience act.  No one wakes up and goes through the house naked.  We get clothes on - even if it is just a robe - most everyone covers themselves before leaving their room.  I am going to make an effort to set my alarm a few minutes early to make sure I get my attitude dressed before I step foot out of bed.   - Starting tomorrow!  I woke up naked and grumpy this morning (spiritually) but thank GOD that I was able to run into His shadow and get dressed today!

Have a wonderful Monday!
In His Grip-
Heather

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites