Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good Morning Ladies!

I dont have much time to write today, but this is what I was led to and have been meditating on:
James 1:19-22
19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.  22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

I need to be looking to see what I am filling my life with.  A lot of times its is easy to "go with the flow" and not realize we are getting covered with the film of the world.  I think its time to get the holy comet out and start scrubbing away!  To do this I am going to try ,with Gods help, to pay mor attention to what I surround myself with!

3 comments:

This is a great post. I like the book of James in general. This is one of those scriptures that should be meditated on frequently because it has so much truth to it (as does all scripture). Psalm1:1-6 are also good scriptures to read concerning the company we keep. Hope you have a blessed day :-)

Visiting from Blog Follow! Please do the same and follow us back too :)
http://momtobedby8.blogspot.com/

Wonderful post. Timely for me today! Brings to mind also a great Mark Twain quote: Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites