Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wednesday Review

I have no product to review today - so I am going to review my new favorite show.  Its a guilty pleasure and I am at constant war with myself when I watch Glee.

I think it is just the musical theatre of it all that has me tuning in every week.  The situation Dram-ady plot line is thin, but amusing.  What I love about the show is the way they use the mix of 80's and today's music.  And who wouldn't love having Finn Hudson (Cory Monteith) or Noah "Puck" Puckerman (Mark Salling) serenading you while you are walking down your high school hallway?

More than the cute crooners, I love the fact I can keep up with my social networking or workout without missing much of the story!
 
The negatives are the obvious gay/lesbian tones and the infidelity situations.  I am not real comfortable watching Glee because of this.  Also, teen pregnancy and sex is highly prominent.  Though I am more comfortable with this, I shouldnt be.  No one sin is greater than the other.  Lust is just as wrong as homosexuality.
(Before you start getting on my case about my view on homosexuality - I believe what the Bible says - and vanity,pride,and so many other little things that Christians overlook are as equal in sin as homosexuality.  Besides, this is just MY "war", so dont get your panties in a bunch!)
 
Moving on.... 
I think I will keep watching the show if it happens to be on, but since writing this review, I think my conscience is winning over my like for the show.  Besides - I can always create a Pandora Music station on Glee!  
 
In other words: If you like musicals, and dont mind a little High School drama-dy, then you might want to give Glee a try!  Fox - Tuesdays, 9pm



Glee Cast

5 comments:

Hi, I came across you in Mom Loop and liked your profile!
Isn't there just so much to watch with ungodliness portrayed as "normal" or even desirable! What is so scary about it is that the first time you watch something it gives you the shudders, but after a few episodes you hardly notice it anymore. I sometimes ask myself whether I could picture Jesus sitting on the couch next to me watching this... which makes it pretty, simple, really!

Hi :)
Yeah - I have been the same way. We dont really watch much TV at night anymore. Just feels like a waste of time. There really isnt much I could see Jesus sitting and watching with me! Especially the stuff I tend to get drawn to! Thanks for the reminder though! lol...its so easy to fall into a trance and let the junk flow when you are tired! Maybe I should just go to bed early - that would solve everything!

I really don't see Jesus watching TV at all, I don't think He'd have the time, walking from house to church. Or imagine Jesus driving a car? Imagine what kind of driver He'd be, no road rage, and yet who would REALLY have important places to be , more than He would?

Mary B
marynate.blogspot.com

Why wouldn't Jesus have guilty pleasures, watch TV, drive a car, sit next to you while you relax and enjoy your program that you like to watch, hold hands with a gay or lesbian, have road rage, talk to a young couple about the risks of having sex so young, or any other normal activity? He was human too.

Kate: Jesus was God in the flesh. He was without sin. Though He shows His love for sinners and showed it ultimately through his death & resurrection - He does not condone sin. If we are Christians and want to live the way God would want us to live, then we find the instructions in the Bible. The Bible states what sin is and also specifically tells us what to watch: Philippians 4:8 (New International Version)

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites