Monday, July 19, 2010

the Jessie Spano - Carol Seaver Syndrome or "SSS"

I am admitting to having the "spano-seaver syndrome" or "SSS". I am an overachieving caffeine using woman. Instead of caffeine pills I have hit the hard stuff...Starbucks! The first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem. So that is what I am doing today.

SSS is a condition many face but are often too embarrassed to admit. Along with the constant caffeine drip the person is often setting high goals and making too many demands on themselves. This is usually self inflicted though demands of children and spouses can increase the symptoms.

Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- List making
- Late nights combined with early mornings
- Answering the phone and not saying "no" when asked to do something
- A tugging sensation either emotional or physical when a child is persistently wanting cared for and/or attention
- the need to go to the bathroom, in hopes of a moment of quiet
- the uncontrollable urge to sing "I'm so excited"
- deadlines
- the need to keep the coffee supply fresh over taking the need to eat real food

If you find yourself with one or more of these symptoms, its time to take a break. Remember that you are only one person & life will go on if you take a little nap.
‎"Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:34

1 comments:

Ah, such a problem to have.....I love my morning coffee, sometimes a cold iced coffee on a hot afternoon....OK, now I'm starting to think there might be a problem!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites